NQ Legal knows that renting a home can easily become a nightmare for the tenant or the landlord. Having extensive knowledge of the law on residential tenancies in Queensland goes a long way towards avoiding issue down the track. NQ Legal’s experienced team of property lawyers will guide you through the process and requirements to rent a home.
Residential tenancies in Queensland are governed by the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008. As is indicated in the name, the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act applies to people renting a house, unit or caravan from a lessor or agent and residential renting of a room from a provider. The Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act details:
- The rights and responsibility of tenants and lessor/agents
- What tenants and lessors/agents can and cannot do
- How to address issues that may arise during the tenancy and
- What happened if either party breaks the law
NQ Legal can assist in:
- Reviews of residential tenancy agreement
- Preparation of residential tenancy agreement
- Issuing of notices and breach notices
- QCAT applications
Because we know the costs of legal services is critical to business operators, we make sure that we provide the right mix of staff at the appropriate level and tailor our services to meet your needs.
Visit the Residential Tenancies Authority website for more information about your rights and obligations.
Please contact us to find out more or to discuss our fixed fees and disbursements.
Residential Tenancies Authority | Residential Tenancies Lawyers | Residential Tenancies Act