Who we are
NQ Legal is a successful Townsville based law firm with an excellent reputation built on the commitment and dedication of all of its employees working towards understanding and addressing our client’s needs.
We aim to provide the most professional, technologically advanced and employee family friendly work environment for our staff. Because of this, our staff are highly motivated, love a challenge and enjoy flexible working arrangements.
Townsville offers a great lifestyle for singles and families alike, with features such as:
- World class recreation and sporting facilities
- Fantastic public and private schools
- James Cook University, Barrier Institute of TAFE and Tec-NQ
- Plenty of childcare options
- Fully equipped Townsville public hospital
- 24hr medical centres and chemists through-out the city
- A number of private hospitals and day surgeries
- Big city shopping
- Numerous parks, playgrounds and walking tracks
- The beach on your doorstep and the river for water skiing, canoeing or feeding the ducks
- The Great Barrier Reef and National Parks in close proximity and the great outback or rainforests within 1/2 hour drive
- Cairns 4 hours north, the Whitsundays 3 hours south and awesome estuary, reef & game fishing opportunities accessible from the marina
NQ Legal provides opportunities for students seeking to complete their qualifications to become a solicitor. The Supreme Court of Queensland determines the admission of lawyers in Queensland. To become admitted applicants must complete either Practical Legal Training (PLT) or a Supervised Traineeship.
A Supervised Traineeship is a one year program where a legal graduate will be completing the requirements to become a qualified solicitor and working at the same time. Students can work in conjunction with a law firm to customise a traineeship plan. This program enables students to establish a practical understanding of legal practise.
Practical Legal Training can be completed through various institutions in Queensland. It can be completed online or in person at a suitable institution. This training can be completed between 3 months to 1 year. Students are required to complete various pieces of assessment.
On completing a Supervised Traineeship or PLT the applicant can then apply to be admitted as a solicitor in QLD.
In 2013 Kelsie Condon will be commencing a supervised traineeship with NQ Legal.
“Beginning a supervised traineeship was the most suitable option for me as it allows me to experience practical learning. It allows me to slowly build up the required skills to begin my career and start earning. I wanted to work at NQ Legal because it is a smaller law firm where I can have one on one experiences in areas that I wouldn’t have access to in a larger firm. The attitude from all of the staff is supporting and encouraging.”
NQ Legal is committed to providing PLT placement opportunities for students to engage in work-integrated learning and has established a relationship with James Cook University to provide students with access to workplace experience whilst completing their university degree.
At NQ Legal we are always interested in meeting driven, innovative and enthusiastic people. If you would like to know more about our firm or are interested in pursing a career with us please send your CV with covering letter – we look forward to hearing from you.